Water color is going yellow!

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hey Guys,

I have been watercooling for about 2 months now and recently I have noticed that the color of the water is turning slightly yellow :(

At first I thought the tubing had turned yellow due to UV exposure but now i see that the water in the res is a tiny bit murky, not exactly noticeable.

I am assuming that there is a bit of corrosion in the CPU block but i am not sure. I need urgent help since I have no clue what this could be.

Loop components:

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240
Distilled water
Silver kill coil

Thanks in advance for any help!

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009

^You think it would go back to normal if I stop peeing in it? Perhaps I should try that

But thanks dude. I will probably be back in a week or two if it happens again.

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009

Now that you mention it....... I will take it apart today and rinse everything with distilled water and white vinegar.

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I took it all apart and am now using my old Hyper 212 Plus.

The tubing is cloudy and yellow but the water is just cloudy (I kept a small sample). The water and the res smell fine, I think. I will rinse in distilled water and white vinegar this week sometime and then buy some more tubing since mine is stained.

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I haven't actually opened it up yet. It's late at night here in South Africa and so I will do that tomorrow. If there is some sort of build up of gunk or something what should I do? Clean it with distilled water and vinegar or what?