Water color is going yellow!

Hey Guys,

I have been watercooling for about 2 months now and recently I have noticed that the color of the water is turning slightly yellow :(

At first I thought the tubing had turned yellow due to UV exposure but now i see that the water in the res is a tiny bit murky, not exactly noticeable.

I am assuming that there is a bit of corrosion in the CPU block but i am not sure. I need urgent help since I have no clue what this could be.

Loop components:

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240
Distilled water
Silver kill coil

Thanks in advance for any help!
9 answers Last reply
More about water color yellow
  1. Stop peeing in it. :p

Seriously though it could just be residue that was in the kit or perhaps a small amount of dirt got in the reservoir. Empty the water out and fill it up again. See if the yellow color returns.
  2. megamanx00 said:
    Stop peeing in it. :p

Seriously though it could just be residue that was in the kit or perhaps a small amount of dirt got in the reservoir. Empty the water out and fill it up again. See if the yellow color returns.

^You think it would go back to normal if I stop peeing in it? Perhaps I should try that

But thanks dude. I will probably be back in a week or two if it happens again.
  3. Did you rinse the components out with distilled/white vinegar then flush before fitting it?
    Moto
  4. Motopsychojdn said:
    Did you rinse the components out with distilled/white vinegar then flush before fitting it?
    Moto

Now that you mention it....... I will take it apart today and rinse everything with distilled water and white vinegar.
  5. Weird, yellow? Is it cloudy and yellow or clear and yellow? Is your tubing cloudy? When you open the res/drain...what does it smell like?
  6. I took it all apart and am now using my old Hyper 212 Plus.

The tubing is cloudy and yellow but the water is just cloudy (I kept a small sample). The water and the res smell fine, I think. I will rinse in distilled water and white vinegar this week sometime and then buy some more tubing since mine is stained.
  7. Anything accumulate in your CPU block?
  8. I haven't actually opened it up yet. It's late at night here in South Africa and so I will do that tomorrow. If there is some sort of build up of gunk or something what should I do? Clean it with distilled water and vinegar or what?
  9. Shouldn't be any build up this soon, its most likely just a bit of crud left from manufacturing
    You should always rinse water gear before use, if you hadn't already picked that one up :-p
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking