C300 128gb performance

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
s1oownz8

am i getting all the performance i can with this ssd? its connected to sata 6

Also windows index gives it an 5.9

And when i power on on my computer, right before windows loads i get a 2 second message saying its in ahci but "hard disk not detected" and then windows boots fine

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
i have an asus p8p67 pro, yes it is in ahci, yes i ran the optimization guide.

pretty sure i have all the drivers up to date...i updated/installed everything that came on the mobo disk

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
interesting...i have nothing plugged into the blue sata (guessing thats the marvel?) but the one its plugged into now is also sata 6

i had a friend help me put together this first build and when we booted for first time i remember that the ssd was not detected unless it was in the gray port...

if i plug it into the marvel controller do i gotta reformat?

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
update

i tried the marvel port
6 out of the 8 ports were detected in the bios still, none being the marvel

but it boots to desktop and then blue screens--sometimes 5 seconds in sometimes minutes

i tried running the windows index to see if the score got better, but it failed

chchom22

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
by installed the marvell controller, do you mean the drivers from the mobo disk i received? yes but do i have to do it again if i disconnected the cable from intel 6.0 to the marvell?

everything is enabled to ahci and the marvell controller is enabled

i might have installed windows with it in IDE mode, could this be a problem? but im not sure if i did this because i was unable to install the OS with it in ahci and the marvell.

tecmo34

Administrator
I'm talking about the Marvell driver... Yes. No... you don't have to reinstall the driver by switching cables. Having the Marvell controller is enabled but is it set to AHCI??

Your image showed you are in MSAHCI on your initial setup, so it shouldn't be an issue there (I don't think :) ).