iainr

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Hi Guys

I have just upgraded my mobo to the Striker 2 Extreme. After installing all components, I turn the pc on and everything seems to work, except that my monitor is in stanby mode. The LCD poster says CPU INIT on it. My pc setup is as follows:

Intel 2 Quad Q6600

Striker 2 Extreme Mobo

XFX 280 GTX

4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold Edition

600W OCZ Power Supply

The only parts that i have changed are the mobo and ram.

Any help on the matter would be grateful.

iainr

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I have done most of it apart from the breadboarding. I'll retry when i get home. you say no video out? could that be that i'm connecting through dvi or will that not matter?

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

A few things to try, start with one stick of memory, from personal experience, Asus boards don't like ram with higher than default voltage, so start with one installed, and if it posts, enter BIOS and set the voltage according to the ram.

If this doesn't work, you could try and reset the bios, which worked for me once when I had that same error message on an Asus board.

Is this a newly bought motherboard, or one you have from someone else, what I am getting at is, that maybe it needs a bios update to support your CPU.

iainr

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010

Hi

Tried the 1 stick of ram, no joy.

How do i reset the bios? have to got a link that i can have a look at?

I bought the board of ebay. How would i be able to update the bios if i can't get onto my machine?

Cheers for the reply

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

If you don't have a manual, you could probably find a pdf version or similar on Asus' site.

I am not familiar with that particular board, but most likely there is a jumper you can set, I am not sure if they had started using the on-board button system yet when these boards were being made, else, simply remove the cmos battery, leave it out for some time, and install and start up again, but there should be a jumper or button to reset bios, jumper and removal of battery is the most likely for a bios reset for your board.