Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 3.00ghz
core speed of 3000.4mhz
DDR ram 1.25 gig
integrated graphics card
40 gig hard drive
and a 250 W sea sonic PSU
im running windows XP pro sp3
and a 16x pci exspress slot

just wanting to know if im able to run the 4650 ati graphics card on this system and if it will run well on it

redwine01

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
from the looks of your computer i would suggest that u better wait till christmas save some money then upgrade ur whole pc. because most of the parts are very old so if u upgrade anything over this most likely ur system will bottleneck. ur 250watt is not enough to run 4650. so wait up and buy a pc in december.

4745454b

Titan
What res do you game at? Unless its 1024x768, I'm not sure I'd bother with the 4650. Not only is it not a gaming card, you have a P4 which will hold it back. Red is right, time for a new rig.

truetech1

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
ahh kk >.< well i guess i wont buy it then unless theres another card that will run wow well with my system ? anything u guys can suggest would be really helpfull only reason i was getting a new grafics card was to play wow with mates from school or even maybe running it on my orginal intergrated grafics card?

4745454b

Titan
The 4650 will run on your system, I'm just pointing out that your system isn't very fast. If you want to game, you need to get off the P4/AGP system you have now, and get on the C2D/C2Q/PhII systems. These systems have the power to game quite nicely.

G

Go check system requirments for wow. hxxp://www.worldofwconline.com/content/worldofwarcraft-requirements.php

Try it with your actual video card. If it doesnt work just get a whole new system because you WILL need to upgrade that 250W PowerSupply if you will add a video card. You can get a 300$ rig that plays WoW smoothly.

redwine01

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
i will say go for a motherboard upgrade. the integrated graphics card on P/G 45 and 43 can run wow in medium-high settings depending on ur resolution. so if u upgrade the mobo and run ur system and then when u have the money u can just buy a psu, gfx and ram and just slap in the motherboard. if u can tell how much dollar you can spare to buy a new motherboard people here will guide u to buy a new one. if u want to go cheaper then look for foxcon ELA p45 in $70. Asus p5Q is going in around $95 and a very good mobo.

redwine01

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
yes 4650 may run in that system but actually it is a high risk. because we dont know how many years he used that psu so if he is using that psu for 4years or above then the efficiency of that psu already gone done some bit. so now if he install 4650 and try to play there is a huge risk that he may end up frying his pc.. considering this i will highly recommend not to install a 4650 or any external gfx before changing your powersupply.

And i guess u r upgrading ur pc after a long time. So dont go for cheap upgrade. if u go for cheap upgrade u cant hold ur pc much longer. atleast go for some upgrades that can play most of the today's game in medium high settings (except crysis) then u may not face any problem running the future games at least the games in future will run in ur pc(mayb in low settings but it will run). but if u r solely a WOW player and determine not to play any other latest game then yes u can upgrade ur pc with much less dollar. but anyways either way u go u must upgrade. cheap or expensive :)