mvargh143

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Okay guys i need some help.

this is my first build

I have
MOBO: ASUS Maximus III Formula
Graphics Card : ATI 5850
Memory : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)

Well heres the problem

I checked all the connections, when i plug the power in and turn on the power supply switch, nothing happens except the Start Button on the MOBO lights up. I hit the power button and my fans all start up and i get a red light on the cpu. But then i wait about a minute or two and nothing else happens, No display, no beeps nothing, but there is a red light on the CPU I kept it on for about a minute and still nothing. Any troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated.

okay its not the CPU light its is the Q_LED where the led label CPU is lit in red. I couldn't find that in the manual on what that means, even though my screen is still blank.

Thanks in advance

golfman

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same one and it's so annoying. Please help me out here if you can, did you RMA it or what. Thanks a lot if you can give me some insight.

mvargh143

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

Golfman,

1. Ultimately I had to returned the MOBO to newegg.com per ASUS.

I contacted ASUS, and their customer service was great! I found that I missed a power connection on the MOBO. If you look, where the power goes into the mother board near the CPU you will see one side of the power connector covered up. As soon as I removed the cover and plugged the power connector into that port, I was able to boot, but the MOBO kept rebooting, so I had to return it. As soon as I got the new one I pulled that cover off and plugged everything up and it worked fine. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks