Hp dv6 - Graphics card

Hey everyone i am about purchase a laptop for school and was wondering what a good and relatively cheap Graphics card would be. I am wanting to play games liek FEAR, Far Cry, ect.

Hp-DV6:

Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor T6500

4GB DDR2 memory

320GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm

And it comes with this card: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Any help would be great
8 answers Last reply
More about graphics card
  1. You can't change the graphics on that laptop (or just about any laptop) without swapping out the motherboard and usually the heatsink assembly. If you want to play games, you need to get a desktop or spend more money on a gaming laptop with at least a mobile 9600.
  2. HP give me the choice of cards,

512MB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 4530 Graphics
    OR

1GB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 4650 Graphics

Would either work?
  3. What would be a good gaming laptop UNDER 1 grand?
  4. If you can afford it I would go with the HD4530, both graphics chips are part of the motherboard and cannot be changed later. See http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,2387-7.html
  5. I was looking at the _HP Pavilion HDX 16t_ or the _Sony VAIO NW180J/S_.... Does anyone know if i could play games like half life, or FEAR on these? Sry for all the questions, im new to this.
  6. Oh, so you're ordering it online?

Well if you can configure it then go with the 4650. Honestly it's a bit slow for gaming, but it's much better than the 4530 and waaaaaaaay better than the onboard Intel 4500MHD.
  7. So if i got the DV6 with the 1GB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 4650 Graphics Card, I could play the games that i previously stated?
  8. You can play the games, just not at full tilt HI-RES!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Graphics