Can't turn off System Restore XP Home

Hi,
The last post I put up was answered, and fixed my
problem. I couldn't change my System Restore file size.
After the recommended Registry change, I can now set the
file size. Thanks (Ramesh) again.
I'll probably leave monitering it turned on, but I
couldn't turn it off if I wanted to. When I go to My
Computer, Properties, System Restore, the box to "Turn
off System Restore" is faded and says:
(disabled by Group Policy) I already deleted
"DisableConfig" in the registry.
Thanks again,
Bill Latshaw NJ

Bill,

Is your system on a network? and have you checked the presence of the "DisableConfig" registry key again?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

"Bill Latshaw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3c7901c472c1$af8378a0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
Hi,
The last post I put up was answered, and fixed my
problem. I couldn't change my System Restore file size.
After the recommended Registry change, I can now set the
file size. Thanks (Ramesh) again.
I'll probably leave monitering it turned on, but I
couldn't turn it off if I wanted to. When I go to My
Computer, Properties, System Restore, the box to "Turn
off System Restore" is faded and says:
(disabled by Group Policy) I already deleted
"DisableConfig" in the registry.
Thanks again,
Bill Latshaw NJ

Another way to disable System Restore is disable the System Restore service.
Windows will try to use System Restore but will silently give up.