Help needed new cooler

I bought the Scythe shuriken revision B CPU cooler from newegg.com I’d tried to install it but it wouldn’t fit I need a new cooler to replace the dell stock heat sink in the C521 I made another thread a few months ago about this can anybody help me?

Here's the tread is made 10-15-2010:
Can you add a cooler in a dell™ dimension C521
13 answers Last reply
More about help needed cooler
  1. What socket type is the motherboard?
  2. The problem is that your mobo isn't prepared for a different cooler, so, those components around the socket can be a problem for install the cooler.
  3. AdrianPerry said:
    What socket type is the motherboard?

It's an AM2 socket
    saint19 said:
    The problem is that your mobo isn't prepared for a different cooler, so, those components around the socket can be a problem for install the cooler.

What do I do then?
  4. You will need a cooler more small almost similar to the stock cooler size.
  5. saint19 said:
    You will need a cooler more small almost similar to the stock cooler size.

What type of cooler do you Recommended I buy?
  6. TX3 maybe, I'm nor sure in recommend you a good cooler because of limitations space in your mobo.
  7. saint19 said:
    TX3 maybe, I'm nor sure in recommend you a good cooler because of limitations space in your mobo.

Did you look at the picture on the other tread I made? If not then look at it, then come back and reply.
  8. Yeah sorry, forgot that your case is limited space.

Check this page: http://www.frostytech.com/top5_lowprofile_heatsinks.cfm

You can find a lot of good low profile coolers than fit inside your case.
  9. saint19 said:
    Yeah sorry, forgot that your case is limited space.

Check this page: http://www.frostytech.com/top5_lowprofile_heatsinks.cfm

You can find a lot of good low profile coolers than fit inside your case.

Ok but I don't see any coolers that would fit the the screws holes. What if I showed you a picture of what it looked like.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2694/dscn1008h.jpg
  10. Yeah you are right, the capacitor next to the bottom left hole are the problem for install the cooler. My latest option would be buy a cheap used mobo and install the components and new cooler there.
  11. saint19 said:
    Yeah you are right, the capacitor next to the bottom left hole are the problem for install the cooler. My latest option would be buy a cheap used mobo and install the components and new cooler there.

That might work if you have a few hundred dollars in you bank but I has to the same AM2 socket. I don't know why Dell makes there PCs like this?
  12. Because Dell think cheap, so, they never think that in future you want better cooling.
  13. saint19 said:
    Because Dell think cheap, so, they never think that in future you want better cooling.

Yeah that so them plus all there PC parts come from china.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling CPUs Dimension Overclocking