Nvedia gforce 8400gs 512mb

G

i bought new graphic card 8400gs of 512mb i installed it in my computer it is working but not giving pefomence atleast of 256mb it showes 512 mb in its properties
it also contain a wire where should i install that wire in pc but i got slot in graphic card but can not find in motherboard please help

scudst0rm

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Are you saying that your 8400gs 512mb is underperforming? Maybe you are expecting too much from this card. the 8400gs is a low end video card and is not intended for graphically intensive applications or games.

As for this wire, my only guess is that it to power the fan, in which case it should plug in somewhere on the videocard, not the motherboard. If this is the case and your fan is not running then your card may be overheating which would also explain its poor performance.

Please give us some more detail about your computer, and if you could tell us the specific make and model of your video card and exactly what applications you are using to measure its peroformance it would be very helpful.

djbrad007

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Hi,

some of the low end video card are 512MB, but in reality are 256MB + 256MB shared with your ram.

You won't game with this card, too cheap. You need at least 8600/9600 nvidia or 36xx/46xx to game a little bit.

The wire you talk maybe is the spdif sound cable.

You only need it to send the audio to the dvd-hdmi dongle if you use it.

Brad