Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Pentium e5400 on windows 7

Last response: in CPUs
November 8, 2009 6:45:54 PM

Just registered on here, seems like the best place i can get a straight answer to my question.

Im upgrading my aging processor.. and ive chosen a dual core e5400. Made sure of the MOBO compatibility and such.

Just wondering if anyone here uses an e5400 with windows 7. Im really sure that it'll work fine, i just wanted to make sure that it has no compatibility problems. Any feedback and replies would be appreciated

More about : pentium e5400 windows

a b à CPUs
November 8, 2009 6:54:42 PM

The CPU has nothing to do with the operating system.

You can run Windows 7 on a netbook with a single core atom, laptop with celeron Ms, old Pentium 4s, etc

E5400 should have no problems whatsoever.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 8, 2009 6:57:51 PM

as long as you have a 1 ghz single core cpu then then your fine. Most os doesn't care much of what cpu it is as long as it can run on it.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=40478

Scene you have 2.7 ghz and it has 2 cores your more than fine.
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2009 7:01:59 PM

Yes, i know it has nothing to do whatsoever with the operating system. Just in the past ive had problems with older components being incompatible with certain programs, and ive heard lots of dual/quad core compatibility "horror stories" from freinds. Ive never owned one myself, so i just want to make sure. Seeing as how i work for near minimum wage, id like to make sure it has no problems before i throw down the 90$
m
l
November 8, 2009 7:02:22 PM

Beside, Intel will never manufacture hardware that is not compatible with Microsoft's software, and vice versa.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b $ Windows 7
November 8, 2009 7:51:03 PM

Pat5519 said:
Yes, i know it has nothing to do whatsoever with the operating system. Just in the past ive had problems with older components being incompatible with certain programs, and ive heard lots of dual/quad core compatibility "horror stories" from freinds. Ive never owned one myself, so i just want to make sure. Seeing as how i work for near minimum wage, id like to make sure it has no problems before i throw down the 90$

buying nay upgrade can cause headaches so I understand your concern. You will have 100% no problems at all if your motherboard supports the CPU then you will be fine. If your motherobard doesnt have Windows 7 drivers then dont woryr Vista ones wokr perfectly well in their place.

Windows and every other piece of software is coded to work on a minimum spec CPU / Mobo etc - in the case of Windows 7 your new CPU will work very well - after all dual core chips have more processing power than older single core designs.

More cores are always better... and yoour choice of chip is a good one.
!