How many pins does my 80mm fan have?

I own a Gateway 420 GR I need to install a new 80mm fan in the power supply. So how many pins does it have 3 or 4?
2 answers Last reply
More about pins 80mm have
  1. The only way to tell is to look inside your case! Disconnect the fan from the mobo or PSU and look at the connector. :)
  2. Note: OP said IN the PSU. Most PSU fans I've seen have only two wires for their 12v dc power supply. But to be honest, I have not opened up a newer PSU that has a lead coming out to connect to the mobo's PWR_FAN connector, and those have to have some lead from the fan that provides the fan speed on the yellow line. So, if you have a PWR_FAN line out to the mobo connector, you'll have to look inside the PSU to find out.

However, you can just proceed without worrying a lot. Buy a 80 mm fan with 3 wires. The standard wires for mobo and case cooling fans are black = 0 vdc (ground), red = +12 vdc supply and yellow = fan speed output signal. When you get inside your PSU if it has those 3 wires, just hook 'em up. If the old fan has no yellow wire, just do not connect the new fan's yellow to anything.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Fan Gateway Components