Help me with a ZALMAN CNPS9700 and a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Editio

killajay41889

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
ok im having issues with a ZALMAN CNPS9700 im getting temps around 49 c down to 41 C i have a GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P with a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition in a RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB530P i have the fan faceing up cuz i thought it would be vetter to push the air up also i put the thermal greese that came with it can anybody help me

p.s the fan in the back of the cas isnt pushing air if not is sucking air in it also looks a lil bit slower do u think replaceing it will help

Upendra09

Distinguished
what's wrong? those temps are perfect, they are actually lower than usual if it is 41 c

if the case fan seems slower make sure the RPM is set equal to the others if it doesn't have those settings then yes get a new fan

deadcell

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Those temps. are good! I don't see a heat issue here. If you think that the fan is running at a lower RPM or pruducing less CFM, on the appropriate settings, replace it ASAP.

killajay41889

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
it runs mostly at 46 to 49 sometimes 50 and it isnt doing anything extreame and is like in the middle of the fan mate switch i want it to be a bit more cooler i sued the Zalman thermal Greese

I have the same cooling fan. I run the x3 710 at 3.45ghz with a 1.47v v-core. I idle in the mid 20's and under load I get to a maximum of 44 degrees. Does the extra core really make that big of a difference?

I would make sure that you didn't put too much thermal grease on, and that the cooler is perfectly seated. Too much theremal grease/compound can actually cause the temperature to go higher since it will act as an insulator. I've also had to reseat the fan before, to get the right cooling as well. Hope this helps.