Sign in with
Your question

3D Blu-Ray: Drive or GPU?

Last response: in Storage
May 31, 2011 11:27:49 AM

Greetings,

Currently I'm building new computer, migrated from Q6600 on DFI INF 975X to Core i7 2600K on MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3). My previous Optical Drive is TEAC that still in PATA mode, but alas, no such IDE connector on my current Mainboard. Hence, I want to upgrade to Blu-Ray Drive (Writer or even Combo drive). I already bought Zotac AMP Edition GTS450 1GB, which is said by nvidia support 3D playback with 3D vision kit.

Previous readings, I found that Samsung SH-B123L is the best Combo drive (based on this compared to LG CH08LS10 LiteOn iHES206).

But before I buy this drive, I saw ads from LG SuperMulti that support 3D Blu-ray Playback http://www.lgsolutions.com/__downloads/pdf/specbh12ls35... as advertised here.

The questions are:
1. which one determine the ability of 3D Blu-ray Playback: Is it determine by 3D Blu-Ray optical drive or it just the matter of software player (Cyberlink PowerDVD, etc)?
2. What is the difference between playing 3D BD mvoie via Cyberlink PowerDVD 3D and playing 3D BD movie with Nvidia 3D vision kit?
3. is it totally in different format BD disc between 3D movie-disc and non-3D movie disc? I thought as simple as buying Cyberlink PowerDVD and the BD Drive will read the 3D BD-disc and PowerDVD will bring it in 3D to display.

Thanks.

More about : blu ray drive gpu

!