CPU Temp HELP!!!!

robertg231

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
i have a athlon x3 455
i unlocked the fourth core no problem
my question is that cpu temp reads at 1degree celcius at idle and 15 at full load with prime 95
is this good or bad
and if its good can i do any overclocking with the stock cooler.

unless you live in antarctica that is wrong, you cant get below ambients on either water or air cooling.

also unlocking the 4th core on cpus makes the core temp readings flat out wrong :)

what you need to do is check the cpu socket temp over a period of time with just 3 cores, then see how far it is from the actual cpu temp and use that a gauge how much lee way you have :)

Air and water coolers are not magic.

What mouse is saying is that PC's are cooled by air at room temperature. So the temperatures around the PC ("ambient") will determine the lowest possible temperature inside the PC.

A defective temperature sensing diode in a core would explain why AMD disabled that core.

:eek: Forget getting a free core? Uhm ok...

And I think you can do a bit of overclocking, I cant give you exact numbers but that stock cooler will hold you back a bit, however i think you should give it a whirl and test temps regularily to see how much farther you can get, do it in steps, slow and steady and you will be fine

There are guides all over the place man :)