Geeks' Dream . . . (plz help me make it true)

No I am not begging for help with money or anything of the sort just help with picking the parts for this soon to be reality machine.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next 2-3 months (just trying to plan and get as many ideas as possible)

BUDGET RANGE: Try to keep it under $20,000 (yes I did type twenty-thousand dollars)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Legal network penetration testing, rainbow table creation, video/audio editing/encoding, security testing, Several Virutal Machines when penetration testing, programming, gaming. Oh yeah and don't forget about sever multi-tasking.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, but will buy from any reliable site

PARTS PREFERENCES: nvidia graphic cards (2 or 3 of them)
slight preference for AMD CPU but will go with whatever has best proformace
Water cooling

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe (wouldn't want to get greedy and break it)
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080, 1920x1200 (and several of them)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Ok, if you haven't figured it out I will be buying probable the best computer I can come up with. That being said this is not strictly a gaming PC since I don't game too much =P This is the computer will be doing anything and everything.

Thanks in advance for all of your great ideas.
9 answers Last reply
More about geeks dream make true
  1. I cant see how its possible to spend 20K on a computer , unless you get me to build a 2k computer for you and want me to paint flowers on the case with oil paints

It will be a masterpiece
  2. Give everyone a realistic budget to work with. 20k is a number no one here will take seriously as you see above.

1,000 budget is a nice pc. 2,000 is a VERY nice pc and 3,000 and up is spending money on things you don't need and personally is a waste as it really does nothing for performance above a less than noticeable margin.
  3. dual xeons , 12 gig of ram , 4 x SSD's in RAID 0

pretty flowers
  4. Those Nvidia Personal Supercomputers ^-^
  5. Outlander_04 said:
    dual xeons , 12 gig of ram , 4 x SSD's in RAID 0

pretty flowers

Don't forget the two GTX295's for CUDA.
  6. ^ or a tesla S1070.
  7. Buy me a car.

Doesn't have to be new, i'll use the left over to buy you a computer.

If you really want to spend 20k on a computer try alienware, shouldn't have any trouble doing it there!
  8. ^ lol.

I smell a Troll.
  9. na try dell xps 725 for a 5k or go to intel directly an ask for skulltrail n a base price of 10k
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product