Sign in with
Your question

VIRUS DELETED ALL FILES!! HELP PLEASE

Last response: in Storage
June 1, 2011 2:46:53 AM

I dont have a virus protection software. which was pretty dumb on my part. and a virus got me and deleted all my files and hard drive including programs. messages popped up saying "hard drive error" and something about ram memory. I cant even system restore because the icon is not in the start menu. im not so much worried about my file anymore i just want to restore my pc. please if anyone can help. maybe an alternate way to restore it?

More about : virus deleted files

June 1, 2011 3:24:51 AM

It might not have deleted your files. Maybe it just messed up your partition tables. Google for a program called "Find and Mount". It's free. I don't know if it can be run from a boot cd. If not take your drive to a another computer and connect it as the second drive. Make sure your drive is not the boot drive. You don't want to put a virus on your friends computer. If it is a SATA drive don't power it on until the other drive boots. This way you can not infect the other PC. If you find your files you will need another drive to copy them to.
June 1, 2011 4:22:57 AM

OTOH,, if Turk's answer is too much like work,,then,,get a bootable USB or floppy and fdisk your hdd,erase everything create and format your primary partition with the boot disk and do the extended and logical from windoze,,it will be much faster..:) 
Related resources
a b G Storage
June 1, 2011 9:53:25 AM

If dokk2's answer is too much like work, then, set your old PC on fire and catapult it out a first storey window. This will eliminate the virus and you may get the added benefit of accidental manslaughter depending on how lucky you aren't.

Sounds ridiculous? It's probably on par with not running security software. ;) 
a b G Storage
June 1, 2011 2:04:10 PM

There is a virus going around that makes all of your files hidden. Make sure you are displaying all files including hidden ones. If this is the case run the attrib command and remove the hidden option.
October 31, 2011 12:14:10 AM

vvhocare5 said:
There is a virus going around that makes all of your files hidden. Make sure you are displaying all files including hidden ones. If this is the case run the attrib command and remove the hidden option.

Thank. You. So. Effing.Much
!