Playing games with 8800gt

Omer1000

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
soo recently i was playing game's like crysis and and arma all those rly heavy game's so when i play my Video card fan goes to 100% and after awhile the game freeze and the monitor turn it self off i duuno what to do i chacked my GPU fan and i see its standing on 88c while its not doing Anything!! even when im incrsing my GPU fan its goes like 77c but still its high

drums101

Distinguished
well the gpu can handle temps up to around 100c without any damage so it could be shutting off to prevent damage but it could also be something else overheating? cpu? do u have good airflow in your case?

Noobster15

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Sounds like a heatsink problem

That is VERY hot for idle temperature, sure it can handle up to 100 degrees Celsius.
But even at 88 degrees, over time that destroys graphics cards. (Quickly)

Buying a new graphics card probably the best option available, i do not reccomend buying a new Graphics Card heatsink for it, since you probably will not get your moneys worth, not to mention the risk of the heatsink not fitting your card.

Noobster15

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

I highly disagree.

are those idle temp? my suggestion is try to cool of your pc case using some fan. (without the side panel)
judging from your last message you already re-apply thermal paste on your card so check your heatsink as well and make sure its not loose.

Omer1000

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
ok i think i got lowerd the GPU by cleaning dust in the video card i just had to take out that plastic thing until i got to the fan and clean some dust and now its 70c

shubham1401

Distinguished
61c seems pretty normal to me.

If you want some more drop then you can try to fit a case fan on the side panel of the case(There are some holes there to fit one).

That may further drop the temps.
But 61c is also fine.