Question regarding the Phenom 555

polipop42

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hi, I recently bought a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard and I was wondering if it was possible to unlock the two other cores of my Phenom xII 555.

I tried to search around for an answer but I didn't find anything that could help me. Sorry if this question has been asked many times before :s

Solution
If the motherboard has ACC, or Advanced Clock Calibration(Or other core unlocking capabilities), you can ATTEMPT to unlock the locked cores.

Though I had hoped to unlock the cores on my processor just like you, though, I failed.

EDIT : I done various sets, and put the voltages up to 1.475V before i diagnosed the other 2 cores as inactive. They will refuse to boot to windows, and with the third core unlocked the refuse to even post. IF I disable the third core, I can boot to the windows loading screen, though there it will perpetually freeze.

Though, despite all this, it is all based on the individual processor, who know, you may be lucky.

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
If the motherboard has ACC, or Advanced Clock Calibration(Or other core unlocking capabilities), you can ATTEMPT to unlock the locked cores.

Though I had hoped to unlock the cores on my processor just like you, though, I failed.

EDIT : I done various sets, and put the voltages up to 1.475V before i diagnosed the other 2 cores as inactive. They will refuse to boot to windows, and with the third core unlocked the refuse to even post. IF I disable the third core, I can boot to the windows loading screen, though there it will perpetually freeze.

Though, despite all this, it is all based on the individual processor, who know, you may be lucky.

Solution

polipop42

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply!

I searched for the ACC function but I couldn't find it :s

scaled.php

scaled.php