Sign in with
Your question

New Build Error

Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2009 8:51:03 PM

Hi all,

I recently put together my new build and its all been working just find except for one little hitch on boot. When I first try to boot my computer from off I will get a message saying that the computer cannot boot from cd/dvd drive and that I need to insert a disk and press enter. I went into the BIOS and set the first second and third priority boot locations to the hard drive but I still get the message. If I hit the reset button the computer starts just fine.

Any ideas?

More about : build error

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2009 8:55:56 PM

did you hit F10 to save the changes in BIOS and exit ?
m
l
August 15, 2009 8:59:59 PM

Outlander_04 said:
did you hit F10 to save the changes in BIOS and exit ?

Yes, I've tried that a few times and I go back to double check that the settings saver right and they do. I also get a message about new hardware being detected and that i should update the DMI or something along those lines right before I get the CD/DVD drive error. Think that's related?
m
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2009 9:11:36 PM

erthwormal said:
Yes, I've tried that a few times and I go back to double check that the settings saver right and they do. I also get a message about new hardware being detected and that i should update the DMI or something along those lines right before I get the CD/DVD drive error. Think that's related?

Verifying DMI Pool Error?

disconnect all the drives EXCEPT the hard drive with the OS on it [ you can just pull out the power leads]

and then boot

shut down and reconnect

This may fix the problem
m
l
!