System Configuration Utility

When I run "msconfig", my desktop stop responding. And
the system configuration utility appears for a short
period then suddenly disappear.
Could someone please tell me what's the problem?
2 answers Last reply
More about system configuration utility

    That could be caused by virus, spyware, adware and trojans. Use these
    sites to check
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    http://safespy.net/Spyware_Hunter.htm

    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

    http://spybot-spyware.com/trojan.htm

    http://www.spysweeper.com/

    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

    "elymyr" <elmyrpapio@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I run "msconfig", my desktop stop responding. And
    > the system configuration utility appears for a short
    > period then suddenly disappear.
    > Could someone please tell me what's the problem?

    Greetings --

    The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
    one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

    W32.Klez
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

    W32.Yaha
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

    W32.Spybot.Worm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

    Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
    Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
    definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
    on-line scanners to double-check your system.

    Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "elymyr" <elmyrpapio@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I run "msconfig", my desktop stop responding. And
    > the system configuration utility appears for a short
    > period then suddenly disappear.
    > Could someone please tell me what's the problem?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP