System Configuration Utility

When I run "msconfig", my desktop stop responding. And
the system configuration utility appears for a short
period then suddenly disappear.
Could someone please tell me what's the problem?

That could be caused by virus, spyware, adware and trojans. Use these
sites to check
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://safespy.net/Spyware_Hunter.htm

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

http://spybot-spyware.com/trojan.htm

http://www.spysweeper.com/

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

"elymyr" <elmyrpapio@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I run "msconfig", my desktop stop responding. And
> the system configuration utility appears for a short
> period then suddenly disappear.
> Could someone please tell me what's the problem?

Greetings --

The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

W32.Klez
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

W32.Yaha
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

W32.Spybot.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
on-line scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

McAfee Security - FreeScan
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp