Cannot print email from Microsoft Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgonzlaez

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hello,
Am trying to printout an email from Outlook 2010. When I go to print the print preview shows a small dash in upper left corner and the number of pages to be printed ranges from 32 to 112, depending on the email. It prints the dash mark and continues to spit out paper. It's not a printer issue, as I've tried 2 different ones. I can print Word, etc just fine.

Solution

Give this a read: http://community.qualitylogic.com/blogs/printer/archive/2010/02/22/outlook-2010-formatting-an-html-email-for-printing.aspx :hello:

cgonzlaez

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks for the tip. This was not the solution to my problem. Turns out a label maker that is connected to my computer was somehow overriding the "page setup". So all this time, even though I was selecting a different printer, my page was setup as 0.94" x 3.94".
Here's the weird part under Print options, my Windows 7 computer was NOT showing a "Page setup." Verified by two other Techs. After shutting down Friday and starting backup on Monday, "page setup" has now magically appeared. Mystery solved!
cgonzalez

cgonzlaez

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Somebody please close this ticket. I was able to resolve the issue.

THE ANSWER is that I found that a Brother PT-2730 Label maker was overriding my page set up. It was telling my Kyocera desk top printer to print out on paper that was
only .94 inches wide by 3" long.

AGAIN some one please close this ticket as I don't see where that function is on this website. Thank you. cg

cgonzlaez

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011

Formatting an HTML email for printing can provide an interesting challenge in Outlook 2010. HTML nominally formats to fit the width of the display device. There is a significant disparity between the size of a printed page and an open email on a 1280 pixel wide display.

This is not the best answer to my problem. Would you please copy and paste one of my replies that explains the it was a label maker overriding my page set up. It was not a display issue on a 1280 pixel wide display. Unfortunately this forum does not allow the person who created the thread to select their own reply as the "best answer". So now I am being bombarded with emails from this forum to select the best answer. You & I are the only ones who posted.

Thanks,
cg

Here ya go !
THE ANSWER is that I found that a Brother PT-2730 Label maker was overriding my page set up. It was telling my Kyocera desk top printer to print out on paper that was
only .94 inches wide by 3" long.

AGAIN some one please close this ticket as I don't see where that function is on this website. Thank you. cg

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.