Windows 7 sound card issues

Classique062

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Hi there.
i recently bought windows 7 last week and did a clean install of the OS, full format ect ect... but the problem is with my sound card (audigy 2 zs). for some reason when my sound card is in it takes 20 mins to boot up and yet sound doesnt work at all. but if i remove the card from my system and reboot it all boots up in 20 seconds and im good to go but with no sound!! windows 7 doesnt reconize my onboard sound at all aswell. does anyone have any idea what the issuse is with my system. ill post system specs at the bottom.

Mobo: M2R32-MVP
ati 4850 vid card,
audigy 2 zs
amd 5200+
4g ram

mi1ez

Splendid

Do such things even exist? I thought creative had practically given up on drivers these days!

Classique062

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
i have downloaded the latest drivers... they are dated for july 13 and ment for win7 beta, vista and xp there hasnt been a release since. im clueless on what to do. is it a mobo problem? i doubt it? everything was fine with xp then 45 mins later its all messed up when i format and go to win 7

It's a Creative problem - They're slow, lazy, clueless, and have not written drivers fro Windows 7.

Solution A: Wait for Creative ( <spit> ) to get their act together. Please be aware they *will* sue people who fix/write proper drivers in order to protect their intellectually property which Creative haven't yet bothered to... Create.. Yet.

Solution B: Buy a new soundcard from a vendor who actually cares about their end users

katanaman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I also have sound issues since installing Windows 7. I contacted Creative as their useless website had now drivers for my very expensive 5.1 surround sound setup. The emailed me back and refered me to a dead link on their website. I await a reply from them now. The Windows 7 device manager flaggs up the Creative PCI card as needing drivers. I have reenabled my motherboards onboard sound in the meantime.

If anyone from Creative is reading this thread, I hope you start listening to your Customers or you are going to disappear like your driver support.