Link between Desktop and E: Drive

aksmad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I have been using Windows 7 Home Basic on my one-week old laptop and my desktop is connected to my E: Drive which is my data drive. Any attempt to remove the stuff on my E: Drive results in it getting deleted from the Desktop and vice versa. Is there any way that I could change the location of the Desktop such that I do not have all the contents of the E: Drive on the Desktop and am free to make changes to both without affecting the other?

Where is this E: drive located. I'm confused what you mean about the "Desktop" do you mean the desktop PC, or the Desktop as in the area you see in front of you on the screen where the icons are? Is the drive an external hard-drive?

If this E: drive is a drive that is shared between the two computers, of course deleting files from the laptop will also delete them when you look at them on the desktop PC. And why would you want to make changes to your files on one computer but not have those changes done to the other? You'll have two different copies of the same files, how do you know which is the right file to use?

Need to add some more details as to what you are doing and what your setup is.

TRENDING THREADS