Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with creating a partition, win7

Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2009 10:10:56 PM

Hey there,

I'm curious: can I create a partition on this hard drive that I have installed? Currently I'm only running one HD though I'll be adding a second in a couple weeks. I'm looking to start the overclocking process and I want to make a back-up just in case something unforeseen or unwanted happens. I kept my eye out when I first installed the Win7 RC onto this fresh HD during the installation process, but didn't recognize a suitable opportunity. I can create a back-up to DVDs though I can't write a system image (iso) to them. I have a feeling system images would be a good thing to have and would hasten the recovery process if I ever ran into one.

Anybody?

Best solution

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2009 10:36:47 PM

you'd need software like acronis true image or norton ghost to make an image .

OC wont affect your hard drive and data stored on it btw , and if it did then any image on that drive in another partition would be lost as well

August 16, 2009 8:08:48 PM

Outlander_04 said:
you'd need software like acronis true image or norton ghost to make an image .

OC wont affect your hard drive and data stored on it btw , and if it did then any image on that drive in another partition would be lost as well

Actually you don't need any backup software to create a system image with Windows 7, I'm currently using a leaked copy of Windows 7, final build. There is a Backup and restore utility with which you can create a system image. Overclocking doesn't affect data, but it might impact system stability, which may cause the system to crash or BSOD.
m
l
!