NEED EXPERIENCED INPUT

G

Okay, I'm building a custom PC from Digital Storm and they have a variety of options. I did want to go with the Sub-Zero liquid Cooling for CPU + Crossfire Cards but I can't blow the $800+ right now, so I'm getting the Corsair CPU liquid cooling. I don't have any liquid cooling for my two ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB's, but It has a very nice amount of air cooling, nice case design, etc. Please look at my setup and suggest if I should still OC my graphics cards, because I really want to get a maxed gaming performance (but I also don't want to overheat, damage, or waste them in any way).

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/loadconfig.asp (Ticket # for setup is 605169)

Please leave some input and thanks in advance for your time.

Solution
^This is what happens when you have someone else build and ship it to you. :)

Agreed...for the price you could get a lot more rig...or the same rig for substantially less.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Moving to watercooling forum (as it seems to be directed to watercooling/LCS)

For less than $600 you could build a great full watercooling loop that would perform much better. And the H60 isn't exactly what I would consider 'extreme cooling'...

For less than $600 you could build a great full watercooling loop that would perform much better. And the H60 isn't exactly what I would consider 'extreme cooling'...

+1. My loop would cost ~$600 new (rough estimate) and I'm running the exact same components listed in your build. My GPUs run at ~43C while gaming, and I hit 52C for the first time the other day because I had been running OC benchmarks for about an hour and everything started to get a bit hot.

ok, CPU,Case, SSD, MOBO... all seem to be fine and great deal.
but RAM, PSU ???? and what brand of HD 6950s ?
and the overall price seems to be very high too this rig. as you can collect that stuff from newegg @ $1900 maximum.

Agreed. This prebuilt is a bit expensive, and you don't even get brand name parts...

Well CyberPowerPC is usually cheaper than building your own (on average), but you sure as hell won't get brand name RAM, GPUs, or PSUs.

G

your right, just built an amazing system with top brand parts at $2,000, with a gpu/cpu liquid cooling (high quality)

also got a nice amount of free-bees, and mail in rebates.

built system total - $1,900

2 free dirt 3's, usb drives, photo card, and can't remember what else >.<

but yes, newegg.com is the place to buy.

G

-HAF X 942
-RipJaws 8GB 1600
-i5 2500k
-Asus ati radeon hd 6950's in crossfire
-asus P8P67 MOBO
-Force GT Series 120GB SSD
-CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000W PSU
-and im not sure the brand of the liquid cooling, my friend bought that stuff for me and put it together but it works extremely well.