Last response: in Storage
June 2, 2011 3:16:45 AM

I think ill throw it in the bin.
so much for 500mb/s

Ok my problem is it is underperforming

BIOS is set to ACHI
Firmware 2.06 updated

Ok so intel rapid storage doesnt not see the ocz drive
The driver in device mngr is windows, do i need to update this and with which one??

ASUS p8p67
I7 2600k
16gb G.Skill Ram

I had a corsair 2 60gb and it was zipping at 260mb/s no problems what it stated
so i wanted faster and bigger so i got the OCZ...... great its preforming under 200MB/S

I dont get it.,
Please help

CHeers
June 2, 2011 3:53:44 AM

ok so i switched from the marvell 6.0gb/s sata on the moboard
and plugged it into the intel 6.0gb/s sata
and Primo
475mb/s read and write...

I cant for the life understand why the marvell is more than half the speed....

but now it seems to be freezing OMG
June 2, 2011 9:22:35 AM

That's disappointing. I was reading 'best SSD for the money' here and the Agility 3 stood out for me, mainly because of its low price point. It's a shame that its only 200MB read speed.

Edit: Just did some research and it turns out both the Agility 3 and the Force 3 are in entirely different league, compared to the Crucial M4 and the Vertex 3. I've created an image with different 120/128gb SSD's, most of which I double checked. Although the image below is far from a complete benchmark test, I think it's fair enough to conclude that the Vertex 3 IOPS (especially the 240gb version) is probably the best SSD right now (also considering other benchmarks) and the Crucial M4 the best with a decent price tag. I was happy to see this confirmed by the previously mentioned tomshardware article. Who agrees?

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc490/KeyMs92/overv...
Related resources
June 2, 2011 4:15:55 PM

Mayham, SSDs are finnicky. Many of them will work for a week or so, then either just burn out, crash to the point of being unseable, or lose speed at a rapid rate. That's what the RMA button is for, and many people other than you have used it.
a c 143 G Storage
June 2, 2011 11:25:41 PM

Mayham.... I would recommend doing a secure erase and reinstalling the OS with the drive connected to the Intel Native SATA III port. Once the OS is installed, you'll want to install the lastest Intel RST 10 drivers. Also, you could use the F6 version and install the drivers ahead of time...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=...
June 7, 2011 4:59:36 PM

mayham006 said:
ok so i switched from the marvell 6.0gb/s sata on the moboard
and plugged it into the intel 6.0gb/s sata
and Primo
475mb/s read and write...

I cant for the life understand why the marvell is more than half the speed....

but now it seems to be freezing OMG

@mayham, are you still having problems?

Users of the Corsair Force 3 drives are having a ton of problems (hang ups, BSODs, dive not appearing in the BIOS). I also started to read that Vertex 3 and Agility 3 drives were having the same problem.

I'm starting to wonder if the issues have something to do with the Intel port and they way the SandForce controller interacts with it.
June 25, 2011 7:44:39 PM

Exact same problem with new "revised" Force 3 purchased 23/6/11 - IMAGES ATTACHED...

This thread is really helpful, I reckon there's gonna be a fair few more disappointed punters out there once they do a speed test on their glossy new SSD, especially from Force 3... I have just been completely deluded into thinking this drive was a worth it - it is a very bad piece of hardware...

I just installed everything this weekend on Force 3 120GB drive and just now did a speed test... horrified I am. After comparing it to my older C300 64GB SSD the FORCE 3 IS TOTALLY S**T!!! What are Corsair up to... their read/write claims are blatent lies and surely their marketing stuff must therefore be ILLEGAL - WTF!!! :fou: 

For the record my equipment is BRAND NEW: H67... i7 7600k... 8GB...

Here are my tests...

https://picasaweb.google.com/markrobertkuch/SSDProblems...

What to do then? I'm heading back to Crucial I reckon, they seem to be treating punters with a bit of respect.
!