Issues updating DG41RQ bios ??? HELP

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
MB Intel DG411RQ
My scenario is this. My system hangs up with a albatron 9600gt graphics card when I try to play some games. I checked the card and its fine. Newer bios updates for the motherboard fix this issue. So I want to update my bios. But I don't have warranty for my motherboard. So incase something goes wrong with the update what is the worst case scenario. Is it always possible to recover the bios in the way intel has mentioned? Or does it cause issues where the motherboard need to be returned to the manufacturer?
Please help
Thank you

geraldamalraj

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
yasitha2, i have the same problem my motherboard is DG41RQ and i'm using 9500 GT. my system hangs while playing any video/games after installing the drivers of 9500GT and its a very new system. i donno the root cause of it. i have checked the 9500GT grap card with the service center and it works fine.
please suggest something as where the problem could be. As for I know updating the bios wont corrupt anything u can very well go ahed do it also learn how to recover the bios if anything goes. I am not so sure whether updating the bios would fix this problem as the root cause is not yet know. kindly suggest. Waiting for ur reply. :( :( :(

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
dear geraldamalraj, DG41RQ board has a bios bug which cause the system to hang up when used with a 3rd party graphics card. newer bios have overcome this problem. So you can try updating bios. according to intel they have fixed it. Please Refer intel website.

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hello geraldamalraj I upgraded my BIOS. It is really easy and it solved my issues. I suggest you to update your bios. Visit intel site and download Express BIOS Update for your motherboard. Read instructions carefully. Better to unplug your VGA card and use the on-board VGA for the update purpose. Upon rebooting bios will update. It takes some time and sometimes you might think there is a system hang up. But it is normal. Let it update dont interrupt.
Wish you all the best

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

Hello geraldamalraj I upgraded my BIOS. It is really easy and it solved my issues. I suggest you to update your bios. Visit intel site and download Express BIOS Update for your motherboard. Read instructions carefully. Better to unplug your VGA card and use the on-board VGA for the update purpose. Upon rebooting bios will update. It takes some time and sometimes you might think there is a system hang up. But it is normal. Let it update dont interrupt.
Wish you all the best

geraldamalraj

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Thank you so much for replying me. can u tell me what version have u updated with? My current version is RQG4110H.86A.0009.2009.0108.1005.I have seen many versions with bios, is there any specific bios version for this problem??Again thanking u for replying my post

geraldamalraj

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Dear yasitha. I come across to version in the express bios update exe

1.RQG4110H.86A.0010.EB(mentioned a point "Fixed an issue where some 3D Games would hang if certain 3rd
party video adapters were installed")

2.RQG4110H.86A.0013.EB(Latest)

Which version am i suppose to install. does the latest version(0013) contains the fix for the hang problem or simply which version have u installed i'll install the same as the problem I encountered as the same as urs.

Thanks in advance.

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

Update to the latest one. RQG4110H.86A.0013.EB(Latest) I installed that. It contains all the fixes. Before you update have a good UPS and have a BIOS recovery CD if you want to. Then update. Read all the instructions in the intel website.
Please let me know the results.
Regards

PS : I think Intel should educate DG41RQ owners on this otherwise there can be lot of people who are unnecessarily replacing their VGA cards

geraldamalraj

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Happy to hear ur problem is fixed. Is updating the bios is the exact solution for this issue because I haven't tried it yet and I'll be doing this on this coming weekend. Please tell me if updating the bios really solves this issue??????

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

It is the EXACT solution. Don't worry. Go ahead and update your BIOS. Your problem will disappear