Problems With GTA: San Andreas and Palit 8800GT 512MB!

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I own the Palit 8800GT 512MB with the latest nvidia drivers. My problem is, I can not set the resolution above 800x640 in san andreas! I have a 19" LCD Sony monitor connected via DVI.

Why could this be?...

I vaguely recall it being confusing how to make your selected resolutions stay in that game. I don't think it has anything to do with your card, just what buttons you are pressing so mess around with it some more.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^^ Lol, well said I go so pissed at the keyboard I hit the left icon and it moved the resolution up.

What needs to be done (for people that stumble onto this thread) is to select LEFT or RIGHT and then hit ENTER to keep it on the resolution of your desire.

I've just always wanted to play that game on maxed out settings, but on a 19" screen it looks a bit... squashed.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^ Nope, I'm not sure what it is... Or is it just the fact I'm used to GTA IV that I've forgotten San Andreas. No worries anyways, I sold the PC on to a friend who was desperate for a gaming machine... Looks like its back to the good old Pentium D for me :D