GTX 295 Co-op Edition at half price now, or wait for 5870 full price?

miketirakis

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
Hi, i am recently given the opportunity to buy a new vga at half price.
Since there is no limit, i can go for GTX 295 no problem. I like the Evga co-op model, since it offers sli in one card, as my motherboard, Asus p5q has only one slot, and it costs 450 euro in my country.
The offer is valid until October 10th.

I also know that there is the new Ati's coming out, but i may not be able to use the offer on them, because until they come out the offer may be over. They are released sometime at September i think, but until its available here, i may not make it.

So what do you think? Should i buy the GTX 295 at half price, 225 euro, or if i wait a little, the 5870 will be worth the extra euros to buy full price? Since we don't know the official price, its kinda difficult to make up my mind.

Also, my current system is powered by a 580w Hyper PSU, will i need a new to power the GTX 295 or the new Ati 5870? And if yes, how many watts?

Rest system specs are:
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz
Motherboard Name Asus P5Q
System Memory 8192 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
You will want to consider overclocking you CPU as with those cards it will be bottlenecking your PC's performance (of course you will still get a nice jump in performance without OCing, but why not let it be all it can be)

More speed for more speed :)

miketirakis

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
The gtx 295 will be a huge update over my current card, although i cant say it have failed me in any game yet, only crysis, wich still plays at very high, but at 20fps and not very enjoyable.

BTw, do ati cards support physx in games as nvidia does? If you just install the physx software on a pc with ati?

I am just affraid that i will pick up the card at half price, the new ones will be out after 20 days, and maybe they will already be around the price i payed for the gtx 295, and maybe even 295 drops in price after the 5000 series is released.

half price deal of GTX295, i personally think is not a bad deal. if i were you i might get that offer :D

btw i have this question in my head for a while: will directx 11 help to improve directx 10 games in terms of performance ?

half price deal of GTX295, i personally think is not a bad deal. if i were you i might get that offer :D

btw i have this question in my head for a while: will directx 11 help to improve directx 10 games in terms of performance ?

edit: sorry for the double post.got problem with my connection a little while ago