G

Hi,

I'm doing a new build. My new system will be as follows:

i5 750
Radeon 4870
4gb DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte ga-p55-ud3 motherboard
1xHDD and 1xDVD-RW

I upgraded my PSU not that long ago so I was interested in whether you think I need to upgrade it as well. I currently own a Hiper HPU-4M580 580W ATX2.2 PSU. This is 580 watts with 38A on the 12v rails. It also has 2x PCI-E connectors.

Do you think that will be powerful enough for my new system?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

G

Ok thanks for your info. I'm aware Hiper aren't a fantastic make but if it will be powerful enough for 4870 + i5 then I will keep it for the time being.

That Corsair one you recommended, that's only 520w, are you sure that will be enough along with an i5?

TheViper

Distinguished
Ok thanks for your info. I'm aware Hiper aren't a fantastic make but if it will be powerful enough for 4870 + i5 then I will keep it for the time being.

That Corsair one you recommended, that's only 520w, are you sure that will be enough along with an i5?
Absolutely sure.

In fact, with a very good PSU, you could probably run that with as low as 400 watts (provided you don't have a half dozen hard drives, DVD drives and case fans all running too).

520 on a good PSU is a good spot to be. Keeps the efficiency levels high while not being in danger of hitting peak wattage.