New survey

There's a new survey over at the Sims EA site, you have to get there
quick before they pull it. :-)

quote:

Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can create their
own shops.

Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can make objects
for their shops.

Your Sims have new Talents that they develop to make new objects for
use, sale, or as gifts. Dabble as a hobbyist for fun and make a little
extra cash. Or commit to it full time to become a Master Craftsman,
supporting your family from home and supplying shops with beautiful and
powerful new objects Sims will love. Customize the objects with your own
name, catalog text, and textures. Then save your recipes to let your Sim
easily remake them over and over again. Sims will know who made an
Object and if they like an object, they can build a relationship with
that Sim.
unquote:

I hope this is the theme for the next expansion pack.

---Sandra
12 answers Last reply
More about survey

    You also need to get it to work properly - it won't go past 21% complete for
    me.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:

    >You also need to get it to work properly - it won't go past 21% complete for
    >me.
    >
    >Best wishes
    >Maxon

    That's strange, it worked okay for me, maybe they're in the process of removing it, I remember I couldn't do the last one because I left it too late, why we have to compete against the *clock* is beyond me.

    ---Sandra

    >"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >

    >>There's a new survey over at the Sims EA site, you have to get there
    >>quick before they pull it. :-)

    If I wanted tradeskills like in EQ (and I got my 8th shawl), I'd play
    EQ. That's not what I want to play the Sims for. Frankly, I did not like
    Making Magic because of the recipe thing. And the tradeskills they
    describe make it sound more like the way tradeskills work in Star Wars
    Galaxies which are bloody awful.

    I don't like the idea of opening my home into being a shop, or living
    above the store. But then, I don't like owning my own car either.

    I also don't need to play these parts of the games- I just want more
    objects to play with. I'd be happy with expansion backs on a theme-
    Going Medieval, Danish Modern, or Gothica.

    -georg

    Sanantone wrote:

    > That's strange, it worked okay for me, maybe they're in the process
    > of removing it,

    Nah, I just finished it.

    > I remember I couldn't do the last one because I left
    > it too late, why we have to compete against the *clock* is beyond
    > me.

    I think it's the number of people, not the clock. They couldn't
    process a million responses :-)

    T.

    > If I wanted tradeskills like in EQ (and I got my 8th shawl), I'd play EQ.
    > That's not what I want to play the Sims for. Frankly, I did not like
    > Making Magic because of the recipe thing. And the tradeskills they
    > describe make it sound more like the way tradeskills work in Star Wars
    > Galaxies which are bloody awful.
    >
    > I don't like the idea of opening my home into being a shop, or living
    > above the store. But then, I don't like owning my own car either.
    >
    > I also don't need to play these parts of the games- I just want more
    > objects to play with. I'd be happy with expansion backs on a theme- Going
    > Medieval, Danish Modern, or Gothica.

    Simmy Sicko. We need them clinics.

    Granny.

    No, don't think so - I tried again, it's still not working.

    I don't think I care that much.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Sanantone wrote:
    >
    > > That's strange, it worked okay for me, maybe they're in the process
    > > of removing it,
    >
    > Nah, I just finished it.
    >
    > > I remember I couldn't do the last one because I left
    > > it too late, why we have to compete against the *clock* is beyond
    > > me.
    >
    > I think it's the number of people, not the clock. They couldn't
    > process a million responses :-)
    >
    > T.

    It's still there Wednesday afternoon aussie time :) Oh it sounds
    brilliant!!! I'm excited I want to run a business :))

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > There's a new survey over at the Sims EA site, you have to get there quick
    > before they pull it. :-)
    >
    > quote:
    >
    > Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can create their own
    > shops.
    >
    > Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can make objects for
    > their shops.
    >
    > Your Sims have new Talents that they develop to make new objects for use,
    > sale, or as gifts. Dabble as a hobbyist for fun and make a little extra
    > cash. Or commit to it full time to become a Master Craftsman, supporting
    > your family from home and supplying shops with beautiful and powerful new
    > objects Sims will love. Customize the objects with your own name, catalog
    > text, and textures. Then save your recipes to let your Sim easily remake
    > them over and over again. Sims will know who made an Object and if they
    > like an object, they can build a relationship with that Sim.
    > unquote:
    >
    > I hope this is the theme for the next expansion pack.
    >
    > ---Sandra

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:51:21 GMT, Sanantone
    <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >There's a new survey over at the Sims EA site, you have to get there
    >quick before they pull it. :-)
    >
    >quote:
    >
    >Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can create their
    >own shops.
    >
    >Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can make objects
    >for their shops.
    >
    >Your Sims have new Talents that they develop to make new objects for
    >use, sale, or as gifts. Dabble as a hobbyist for fun and make a little
    >extra cash. Or commit to it full time to become a Master Craftsman,
    >supporting your family from home and supplying shops with beautiful and
    >powerful new objects Sims will love. Customize the objects with your own
    >name, catalog text, and textures. Then save your recipes to let your Sim
    >easily remake them over and over again. Sims will know who made an
    >Object and if they like an object, they can build a relationship with
    >that Sim.
    >unquote:
    >
    >I hope this is the theme for the next expansion pack.
    >
    >---Sandra

    Thanks for the tip! Finally I get to add my incredibly valuable input
    :-P

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:41:15 +1000, "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au>
    wrote:

    >It's still there Wednesday afternoon aussie time :) Oh it sounds
    >brilliant!!! I'm excited I want to run a business :))

    I really like the creative bits. But I want to be able to customize as
    much as possible. IE. save recipies and designs that can be traded
    down through generations etc.

    I wanna open a deli... and a pizza place :-p

    Seriously, I loved cooking in Makin Magic LOL... but it was too
    simplistic. They should do all those things... woodcarving, advanced
    painting, advanced customized cooking to create new stuff etc.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    >On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:51:21 GMT, Sanantone
    ><shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>There's a new survey over at the Sims EA site, you have to get there
    >>quick before they pull it. :-)
    >>
    >>quote:
    >>
    >>Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can create their
    >>own shops.
    >>
    >>Imagine that in a new Sims expansion pack, your Sims can make objects
    >>for their shops.
    >>
    >>Your Sims have new Talents that they develop to make new objects for
    >>use, sale, or as gifts. Dabble as a hobbyist for fun and make a little
    >>extra cash. Or commit to it full time to become a Master Craftsman,
    >>supporting your family from home and supplying shops with beautiful and
    >>powerful new objects Sims will love. Customize the objects with your own
    >>name, catalog text, and textures. Then save your recipes to let your Sim
    >>easily remake them over and over again. Sims will know who made an
    >>Object and if they like an object, they can build a relationship with
    >>that Sim.
    >>unquote:
    >>
    >>I hope this is the theme for the next expansion pack.
    >>
    >>---Sandra
    >>

    >Thanks for the tip! Finally I get to add my incredibly valuable input
    >:-P

    LOL don't sell yourself short, it all adds up.

    ---Sandra

    "Guardian Pegasus" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:41:15 +1000, "jo" \

    <aeracura@optusnet.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It's still there Wednesday afternoon aussie time :) Oh it sounds
    >>brilliant!!! I'm excited I want to run a business :))
    >
    > I really like the creative bits. But I want to be able to customize as
    > much as possible. IE. save recipies and designs that can be traded
    > down through generations etc.
    >
    > I wanna open a deli... and a pizza place :-p
    >
    > Seriously, I loved cooking in Makin Magic LOL... but it was too
    > simplistic. They should do all those things... woodcarving, advanced
    > painting, advanced customized cooking to create new stuff etc.

    I want to open a beauty salon or an art gallery or a bookshop! I think this
    sounds like the most exciting ep to date!

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:38:25 +1000, "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au>
    wrote:

    >I want to open a beauty salon or an art gallery or a bookshop! I think this
    >sounds like the most exciting ep to date!

    I guess we all have an inner entrepeneur... I'd like to open a fast
    food net cafe/gaming house! Of course, the keyboards would all need to
    be waterproof... and not because of the porn.

Sims Games Video Games