msconfig set to restart in safe mode - now stuck

I am helping someone get rid of a virus. According to
Symantec I got them to set MSCONFIG to restart in Safe
Mode. Once restarted, they are asked for password. It
doesn't accept it. (We know it's right) Can't get out of
restart to Safe Mode. Totally stuck at this point. Any
Ideas????

Gus
1 answer Last reply
More about msconfig restart safe mode stuck

    Gus, try tapping F8 repeatedly on Startup until you get a Menu. Select
    Safe Mode with Command Prompt
    Do a System Restore. Check here for more info.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;304449
    "Gus Evans" <gus@gwea.com> wrote in message
    > I am helping someone get rid of a virus. According to
    > Symantec I got them to set MSCONFIG to restart in Safe
    > Mode. Once restarted, they are asked for password. It
    > doesn't accept it. (We know it's right) Can't get out of
    > restart to Safe Mode. Totally stuck at this point. Any
    > Ideas????
    >
    > Gus

Configuration Safe Mode Msconfig Windows XP