Error message, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
hi , i have been recently been having a few issues with my computer. I often get a blue screen with an error message saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" . i was wondering what is causing this and what i have to do to fix it ??

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

im not sure exactly what the whole error message is as i am even having trouble to get my pc to display something when i turn it on atm.
i am running windows xp sp3 .

The first thing to try is in BIOS [ start up]

Reboot and when you see the first black and white screen hit the DEL key to enter start up

Try selecting the OPTIMISED DEFAULTS setting , and then hit F10 to save and exit

if that doesnt make a difference try

FAIL SAFE DEFAULTS

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

nah , i updated quite a while ago now , i dont think its that

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

ok,

what is UBCD? and for memtest im pretty sure u need to boot from a floppy or cd for that ? i have got another problem where i cant see anything on the screen when i power my computer on even though all the components are on etc. i explain below-

i have been using my pc for some time now and all has seemed well. i stated my other prob on the forums asswell and most people have said to try the resetting of the bios. it was about an error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" which would sometimes make the system restart randomly and then on the restart not bring up a disply, just a black screen.

could it be that my bios needs to be reset by taking out the cmos battery and/or do a complete re-install of windows on my c drive??
may sort both probs out :heink:

thanks for your time :) hope you reply x

UBCD: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Download and burn the ISO image using DeepBurner.
It has Memtest86+ (and a lot of other helpfull aps). I have a feeling you have RAM problems.
Yes, also try resetting your BIOS.

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

the 2 that i have stated before, and on one of the blue screens i recieved "0x0000001a memory _management"

so i am starting to lean towards the ram now :S

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

ok. will the try the memtest86.

I too feel that its a problem with my ram now because of an error message "0x0000001a memory _management"
i have contacted the company from where i purchased the ram and they have put me in touch with the manufacturers, i am awaiting a reply

still worth resetting bios before running memtest86?

ty for help

clooney3663

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

Quite bizzarly i am actually using my computer with just one of the sticks of ram in the machine. Although earlier it didnt seem to matter which one of the ram was in it just wouldnt work, Have been using the computer since yesterday without any restarts, blue screen, or lockups. Am still going to run memtest96+, was planning to do it lats night but found that i burned the iso to the disc so it didnt work. Will have another try tonight. Keep you updated :ange: