Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hyper 212 Plus Question

Last response: in Overclocking
October 14, 2011 3:33:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just installed my Hyper 212 Plus and I am noticing something odd and wanted to make sure everything is fine before I really start using it. I have followed the installation guide and watched the following video to make sure I did everything correct. Which I think I did :pt1cable: 

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id...

After the install and while I was installing other components I noticed the Hyper 212 Plus heatsink can slightly rotate left and right a bit. I definitely made sure everything is secure and snug. I wanted to know if anyone else noticed this or did I do something wrong with the way the CPU bracket fits over the heatsink? It does not rotate freely it only does it if I bump it or move it myself.

Here is a picture if it helps any:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/igibason/6243914312/in/pho...

Thanks,
Spyke562...

More about : hyper 212 question

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 14, 2011 3:36:54 PM

I have heard of this happening to some people. I think over tightening is far worse than being a little loose. What are your temperatures looking like. If you're getting nice temps, you have nothing to worry about.
October 14, 2011 3:43:24 PM

Hi Cygnus,

Thanks for the quick response. This is actually a new build I am working on and cannot power it up yet. I just want to verify if this is normal or not. I definitely didn't over tighten, I just made it snug. Since you heard of this happening to others I will assume everything is fine and will monitor my temps when everything is a go.

Thanks again...
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
October 14, 2011 3:52:46 PM

Both of my 212s do this. My temps are good however so I'm not concerned.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 14, 2011 3:55:26 PM

Yeah as long as the mounting hardware is tight and your temperature is good, I see no problems.
m
l
a c 183 K Overclocking
October 14, 2011 4:00:26 PM

Hmm installed a few 212+'s never encountered that.
As long as you tighten in a criss-cross pattern then the middle.
Mine doesn't budge.
m
l
October 14, 2011 6:02:35 PM

Great, thank you everyone for the reply. I will go over my install again and triple check everything. I just found it was really awkward how you have to slide the criss-cross bracket in between the heatsink and the part the sits on the CPU.

Anywho, thanks again for your responses!
m
l
October 14, 2011 6:03:00 PM

Best answer selected by spyke562.
m
l
!