Sign in with
Your question

How do i put favorites on desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
January 23, 2012 4:13:29 PM

how do i put favorites on my desktop

More about : put favorites desktop

January 23, 2012 5:05:05 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Right click the relevant Favourite in the list and scroll to Copy. Go to the desktop and right click vacant area then scroll to Paste Shortcut and you're done.

m
l
January 25, 2012 3:58:55 PM

Several ways to put a Favorites icon or folder on the Desktop, or Start Menu-Taskbar shortcut (take your pick):

1 - If you literally want the Favorites folder on the Desktop:
Close all programs so they won't clutter-up the screen, and Go to My Computer \ Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ click the Restore Down icon (top right corner of the Window), and drag the Favorites folder to the Desktop.. to revert the action just do the opposite

2- To create a Favorites shortcut on the Desktop:
Right click on an empty space on the desktop \ Select New \ Shortcut \ Browse \ browse to; My Computer \ C:\Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ select Favorites \ Next \ Name the Shortcut as Favorites.

3. To create a Favorites shortcut and paste it on the Desktop:
Go to My Computer \ C:\Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ select Favorites \ Create shortcut \ Copy the new shortcut and paste it to the Desktop

4. You can add a Favorites shortcut to the Start Menu:
Right click on the Start Button \ Properties \ Start Menu \ Customize \ Avanced \ Check Favorites Menu\click OK\Apply\click OK

5. To create a New Favorites Toolbar on the Taskbar:
Right click on the Taskbar \ Toolbars \ New Toolbar \ Browse to My Computer \ C:\Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ select Favorites \ click OK
m
l
!