How do i put favorites on desktop

Several ways to put a Favorites icon or folder on the Desktop, or Start Menu-Taskbar shortcut (take your pick):

1 - If you literally want the Favorites folder on the Desktop:
Close all programs so they won't clutter-up the screen, and Go to My Computer \ Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ click the Restore Down icon (top right corner of the Window), and drag the Favorites folder to the Desktop.. to revert the action just do the opposite

2- To create a Favorites shortcut on the Desktop:
Right click on an empty space on the desktop \ Select New \ Shortcut \ Browse \ browse to; My Computer \ C:\Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ select Favorites \ Next \ Name the Shortcut as Favorites.

3. To create a Favorites shortcut and paste it on the Desktop:
Go to My Computer \ C:\Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ select Favorites \ Create shortcut \ Copy the new shortcut and paste it to the Desktop

4. You can add a Favorites shortcut to the Start Menu:
Right click on the Start Button \ Properties \ Start Menu \ Customize \ Avanced \ Check Favorites Menu\click OK\Apply\click OK

5. To create a New Favorites Toolbar on the Taskbar:
Right click on the Taskbar \ Toolbars \ New Toolbar \ Browse to My Computer \ C:\Documents and Settings \ your Profile folder \ select Favorites \ click OK