antmiu2

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
my brother in law has finally decided to build a rig since he wants to game like me (but better) after he buys my sis a laptop(hp dv4 650$) by the end of the month so he wants me to help him. build will be from oct-dec i think, so i wants something like a high end budget gaming computer that will last for 5-10 years. i heard him spill a budget number that is <1300 just ram, mobo,cpu,gfx,psu.. the rest will be bought in my country well im not to sure of the monitor since over here there's only vga lcds. anyways hes a noob to desktops so he WONT be overclocking..

up to now Ive thinked of something like:
2gb ddr3 (or 4gb?)
1gb hd 4870 (i guess he´ll be playing on 1440x900)
don't know what mobo and cpu... hes not a ocer he wants to game and wants the computer to be worthy over 5 year

a c2d e8xxx¿ c2q q9xxx , i7 xxx ?
mobo p45, x48 ,x58, p55 ?

any suggestions?

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Please take a look at my sig for How to ask for advise. Edit this first post to that format and it will help those trying to help you a lot.
THx

antmiu2

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: OCT-DEC BUDGET RANGE:1040

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, watching movie, ssurfing the internet

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, hard drive, dvd drive

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: ebay.com, amazon.com bestbuy.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type: intel cpu, gigabtye, asus or msi board with a 22 inch widescreen monitor

OVERCLOCKING: no SLI OR CROSSFIRE: no

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: above

tecmo34

Administrator
There is nothing we can recommend today they will not have changed by the time you build in Oct. to Dec. I recommend you repost or come back in Oct. The technology is changing in Sept with the Core i5 & DX11 cards, all being released.