magic problem

daughter bought the game sims, makin' magic. she was unaware that it
require the sims1 to install. we have sims2
and sims university.

so...we go to walmart and buy the sims mega deluxe package which
includes sims1 and a couple of other games.

she installs it. makin magic works. yay!

then she goes to play some of the *other* games on the deluxe version
and the only thing that will load is....makin magic!

we have uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice now and still it
won't work...or rather...makin magic works but she cannot access the
other games.

can anyone offer any suggestions please????
4 answers Last reply
More about magic problem

    > daughter bought the game sims, makin' magic. she was unaware that it
    > require the sims1 to install. we have sims2
    > and sims university.
    >
    > so...we go to walmart and buy the sims mega deluxe package which
    > includes sims1 and a couple of other games.
    >
    > she installs it. makin magic works. yay!
    >
    > then she goes to play some of the *other* games on the deluxe version
    > and the only thing that will load is....makin magic!
    >
    > we have uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice now and still it
    > won't work...or rather...makin magic works but she cannot access the
    > other games.
    >
    > can anyone offer any suggestions please????

    The "other games" are expansion packs to the original "The Sims" game,
    as indeed is Makin' Magic. By installing the expansion packs, you will
    get more gameplay options and objects than were in the original game. So
    what you have actually installed is The Sims and its expansion packs
    Livin' Large (or Livin' It Up), House Party, Hot Date and Makin' Magic.
    You will have all of the objects and interactions from those expansion
    packs, for example, going Downtown or going to Magic Town. Since Makin'
    Magic was the last released expansion pack, it is that splash screen
    that is displayed when you launch the game.

    In case you are interested, the remaining expansion packs are Vacation,
    Unleashed and Superstar.

    HTH.

    CK

    jils wrote:

    > we have uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice now and still it
    > won't work...or rather...makin magic works but she cannot access the
    > other games.
    >
    > can anyone offer any suggestions please????

    That's the way it works. It accesses the last expanison pack but all the
    content you installed with the other ones is there. It isn't a matter of
    Makin' Magin working and the others not. If you had installed them
    seperately it would be clearer to you that you did have content from the
    other games working.

    Gareeth

    thanks for the explanations so far!

    can you shed any light on this event:
    i reinstalled the mega deluxe package fully and completely. it loads. it
    begins w/ a scene for deluxe and then at the bottom scrolls the loading
    components. It gets to 'adding emotional weights" and crashes...goes to
    black...then back to the desktop.

    jils wrote:
    > daughter bought the game sims, makin' magic. she was unaware that it
    > require the sims1 to install. we have sims2
    > and sims university.
    >
    > so...we go to walmart and buy the sims mega deluxe package which
    > includes sims1 and a couple of other games.
    >
    > she installs it. makin magic works. yay!
    >
    > then she goes to play some of the *other* games on the deluxe version
    > and the only thing that will load is....makin magic!
    >
    > we have uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice now and still it
    > won't work...or rather...makin magic works but she cannot access the
    > other games.
    >
    > can anyone offer any suggestions please????

    jils said

    > thanks for the explanations so far!
    >
    > can you shed any light on this event:
    > i reinstalled the mega deluxe package fully and completely. it loads.
    > it begins w/ a scene for deluxe and then at the bottom scrolls the
    > crashes...goes to black...then back to the desktop.

    I can't explain it, but I had the same thing happen when I was just
    running deluxe ( not the mega one). It'd be running according to the
    tray and Task manager, and what I did was, go to task manager and
    highlight it, and click Switch To, then it would come back up and be
    fine. It was very odd.

    --
    kat
    >^..^<