So my friend is having trouble with her laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1545. She is trying to boot it up and she's only getting a screen telling her to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to recover. But instead of recovering, the computer boots up again and then she gets the same screen.
Is there anything she can do to fix this? Or does she just have to get a new hard drive?
Tell your friend to try this. Dell procedure or so.
1. Shut down the Computer.
2. Turn on the Computer and start pressing the “F8” Key on the first Dell logo. Keep on pressing the “F8” key on first Dell screen until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
3. Highlight "Repair Your Computer" and hit enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Enter your Password and click ok.
6. On Choose a Recover Tool Window
Select: Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup
7. You Get:
a. Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files
b Select other System Backup and more options
8. Select: Select other System Backup and more options
a. Restore my computer
b. Backup Files and folders
Select: Restore my computer..
Confirm the restore and continue..
Select: Factory Image restore
9. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed files and click on Next.