Sign in with
Your question

Overclock Dual Core T4500 @ 2 30GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
October 15, 2011 2:48:02 AM

Ok 1st bought this laptop from a crack head so dont care if i brun it up.
With that being said how do i ovewrclock a "Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU
T4500 @ 2.30GHz 2.3GHz . I have a way to hopfuly fix the over heating problem that will happen so plz help if you can.
October 15, 2011 3:57:39 AM

good luck. whatever manufacturer made that PC has locked the CPU multiplier if there ever was one available. only Pentium extremes are usually unlocked. You may be able to overclock your gpu (if its a nvidia or AMD ) with software tho.
m
l
October 15, 2011 6:12:54 PM

greenpenguin said:
good luck. whatever manufacturer made that PC has locked the CPU multiplier if there ever was one available. only Pentium extremes are usually unlocked. You may be able to overclock your gpu (if its a nvidia or AMD ) with software tho.

Ok, thats the thing what software do i uses and where do i fine it ??
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:26:58 PM

I know it may be a bit late, but just to make sure that there's an answer here for anyone wondering this in the future, I'll go ahead and put the solution here.
There's a program called speedfan that will let you manage fan and clock speed, as well as monitor temperatures of the core(s) of your computer. You can get the free program from here: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Make sure to do some research on how to overclock your computer before you start, just to see what you need to do. Be warned that every computer is different, and finding the best balance between speed and temperature is a process of trial and error. Good luck!
m
l
!