Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp samsung hd501Lj

Last response: in Storage
June 3, 2011 10:23:30 AM

Hello,
I have a samsung hd501lj sata hard drive. I am planning on three partitions, the first partition for windows xp has I have windows xp games, the second partition for windows windows vista as I have some windows vista games and the tird partition for windows 7 as I have some windows 7 games as well as backing-up my windows 7 laptop. I have a asrock n68c-s ucc motherboard with 2GB ram and AMD sempron processor. I have copied the floppy to sata files to the floppy disk. I am unsure about using raid. Should I use nLite or another hard drive partition software. Any adive welcom but please keep it simple as I am not technologically minded. My electronic mail address is applemac125@hotmail.com
a c 377 G Storage
June 3, 2011 11:50:54 AM

Nlite is not partition software. It is used to slipstream drivers into a windows install. If you are going to muttiboot, you need to install your OS's in order of oldest to newest, i.e. xp, vista, then 7. You should be able to partition the drive during the installation of the OS.
June 3, 2011 3:39:08 PM

I ahve tried to install windows xp on to the samsung hd501Lj hard drive. I have copied the sata for floppy disk from my asroco n68C-S UCC support cd rom, followed the instructions during the installation (F6 for installation on to sata hard drive and S to specify the hard drive), windows xp installs all the files and when I get to restart the computer I get a black with "no operating system. I have instructions for the my motherboard. I am trying to install all three operating system without using the raid function. Should I use the raid function or not? Here is what my board is with the chipset and windows installation instructions Without RAID Functions. Do I need to download any drive for the chipset or not?

Motherboard ASRock N68C-S UCC
Chipset NVIDIA nForce 630a

Installing Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM /
VistaTM 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit Without RAID Functions
If you just want to install Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit on your SATA / SATAII HDDs without RAID functions, you don’t have to make a SATA / SATAII driver diskette. Besides, there is no need for you to change the BIOS setting. You can start to install Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit on your system directly
Related resources
a c 377 G Storage
June 3, 2011 4:18:05 PM

You don't need raid drivers, however if your bios is set to AHCI, you will need to install the sata drivers (win 7 already has these). If the bios is set to IDE, then no drivers are required and you can skip the F6.
June 6, 2011 2:52:53 PM

With the multibooting should I use EasyBCD. I am planning on having operating systems on the samsung hd501lj hard drive, the 1st one WIndows xp for my windows xp pgames, Windows vista for windows vista games and windows 7 for my windows 7 laptop back-up, games, and office work etc . Do you recommend this programme. I did trial run of installing windows xp onto the sata hard drive. It instaled without any problems
a c 377 G Storage
June 6, 2011 3:00:08 PM

EasyBCD can be a useful program but shouldn't be necessary as long as you install your OS's in order of oldest to newest. That is, XP, Vista, 7.
!