Long delay connecting to server but not for firefox

Firefox connects instantly and gives instant responses. Windows update and ie8 (even after removing ie8, reinstalling ie7 and then reloading ie8) take about 30 seconds to connect with a further long delay at each information request). Interestingly, the Network Magic speed test also has a long initial delay before returning a connection speeds of 16 Meg and more. I have totally reinstalled XP Pro in an attempt to cure the problem. It seems that Firefox accesses the net in a totally different way from ie, update and the Network Magic speed test. Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about long delay connecting server firefox
  1. allrands said:
    Firefox connects instantly and gives instant responses. Windows update and ie8 (even after removing ie8, reinstalling ie7 and then reloading ie8) take about 30 seconds to connect with a further long delay at each information request). Interestingly, the Network Magic speed test also has a long initial delay before returning a connection speeds of 16 Meg and more. I have totally reinstalled XP Pro in an attempt to cure the problem. It seems that Firefox accesses the net in a totally different way from ie, update and the Network Magic speed test. Help!

Yup I have the same prob with IE8. Thats why I don't use it.
    Have auto updates turned on ? Shame on MS for forcing you to
    use IE to access the site !
  2. IE8 was working fine until this suddenly happened - curiously it is working again at the moment - it wasn't when I shut down last night! My guess is that it will not work again after the next shutdown - there seems to be a hint of randomness about the latency. I wonder, could it be an intermittent hardware problem?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration IE8 Firefox Windows XP