I just setup my HTPC and am trying to connect it to my HT and unable to get sound.
I have spent more than 1.5 days trying to get it worth doing Google, AVS searches with similar problems and trying fixes, but haven't gotten it to work.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E5400
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L
- RAM: Corsair 4 GB (2 GB x 2) PC9600 DDR21066
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte ATI 4850
- Sound Card: Turtle Beach 7.1
- Optical Drive: Samsung DVD+/-RW
- Hard Drive: 2 x 1 TB Hitachi 0A38016 7200 RPM SATA
- Card Reader: Rosewill 60-in-1 Card Reader
- Power Supply: Antec NeoPower 550w SLI (already have)
- Case: Cooler Master CM-690 (already have)
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3
I have the 4850 hooked up to the Onkyo 607 via HDMI using Input #1 and using Port. I installed all the ATI drivers and the ATI HDMI Audio driver and still don't get sound. I tried going to Volume Control -> Options -> Mixer Device in XP and choosing ATI HD Audio, but I don't get that option. Instead, the only option I get is the Turtle Beach Sound card.
You need to install the drivers for realtek sound hardware to get ATI audio over HDMI to work, as all modern ATI cards have a realtek chip built in. If thats not installed, the option for HDMI sound output will remain unabaliable.