Hi i was wondering what Apps if any people use for system monitoring. The reason being that while my PC can play through Crysis/ FarCry2 etc, it hangs on a couple of others namely Portal from the orange box, HL and the rest are fine, and the new Batman Demo keeps hanging and then rebooting.
I have tried running GPUZ and that comes back with every thing in spec but was wondering if there was an all in one system i could try that will log like GPUZ does.

Thanks
Mactronix

wathman

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Before looking for new monitoring apps, I'd try reading your event logs in control panel admin tools. They are usually pretty good at giving clues to what's going on, though they don't really give a complete answer. I think it's a better troubleshooting tool than a 3rd party system monitor that will likely stop providing useful data as soon as a crash happens, and may not even generate a log.

Thanks for the reply that's very helpful. I have to double check it first but it seems as though its to do with the ATI hot key poller which is a combination of key strokes that gives a fixed function command to the GPU. Assuming its on and the keys that are set could be hit in game then that may be it.
If not i have a new way of assessing things
Thanks

Mactronix

TRENDING THREADS