Sign in with
Your question

Is it possible to overclock the AMD C-50 APU

Last response: in Overclocking
October 16, 2011 11:21:06 AM

Hey guys, I just got an Acer Aspire One 522 with an AMD C-50 APU and was wondering if it is possible at all to overclock it, Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

More about : overclock amd apu

November 7, 2011 9:53:21 PM

I was able to overclock and undervolt using k10stat. CPUz confirms overclock and undervolt. Additional battery life also confirms undervolt, but I'm uncertain if the overclock is accurate because benchmarks show only a small boost in performance even when i boosted the 1ghz cpu to 4ghz... Also, I am aware that 4ghz from a 1ghz seems unbelievable, but there is a bit of performance boost and CPUz does confirm the overclock. Maybe someone can use this to come up with a better solution.
I hope that helps.
June 4, 2013 7:29:40 PM

Yes sir you are. I used this program called Brazos Tweaker I was able to get my C-50 up to 3.9 GHz rather than 1 GHz. As the person above said, CPUz confirms this overclock. i could also get a picture of it if you need to see for sure. BTW: its quite stable and helps game performance.
Related resources
July 18, 2013 6:15:25 PM

magicman9836 said:
Yes sir you are. I used this program called Brazos Tweaker I was able to get my C-50 up to 3.9 GHz rather than 1 GHz. As the person above said, CPUz confirms this overclock. i could also get a picture of it if you need to see for sure. BTW: its quite stable and helps game performance.

Hey I have the same specs can you direct me on how to overclock it, the settings etc. Would really appreciate it.
July 24, 2013 11:50:18 AM

Alex-Jon Umraugh said:
magicman9836 said:

Hey I have the same specs can you direct me on how to overclock it, the settings etc. Would really appreciate it.

just download Brazos Tweaker. As said above, it makes quite the difference but not up to 3.9 GHz. That would "Fry the cpu to crap."

!