Is it possible to overclock the AMD C-50 APU

sjac89

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hey guys, I just got an Acer Aspire One 522 with an AMD C-50 APU and was wondering if it is possible at all to overclock it, Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

kuronkaze

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I was able to overclock and undervolt using k10stat. CPUz confirms overclock and undervolt. Additional battery life also confirms undervolt, but I'm uncertain if the overclock is accurate because benchmarks show only a small boost in performance even when i boosted the 1ghz cpu to 4ghz... Also, I am aware that 4ghz from a 1ghz seems unbelievable, but there is a bit of performance boost and CPUz does confirm the overclock. Maybe someone can use this to come up with a better solution.
I hope that helps.

magicman9836

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Yes sir you are. I used this program called Brazos Tweaker I was able to get my C-50 up to 3.9 GHz rather than 1 GHz. As the person above said, CPUz confirms this overclock. i could also get a picture of it if you need to see for sure. BTW: its quite stable and helps game performance.

Alex-Jon Umraugh

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

Hey I have the same specs can you direct me on how to overclock it, the settings etc. Would really appreciate it.

magicman9836

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

just download Brazos Tweaker. As said above, it makes quite the difference but not up to 3.9 GHz. That would "Fry the cpu to crap."

You need a Brazos CPU with Turbo Boost to actually overclock. All you can do with a C-50 is lock it in at the max 1GHz speed.. Cpu-z is bugged. I can show you a screen shot of my Brazos laptop doing the same thing but if you actually benchmark you don't get any speed increase after you raise the speed past the normal top speed.