I have a Dell Dimension 9150 and am looking to upgrade my video card. I use my PC for gaming and multimedia applications. I would like to be able to play COD4 and Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out.
My PC specifications are:
Windows XP Media Centre Edition
Pentium D 2.9ghz CPU
2x 1gb RAM modules (533mhz)
2x 512mb RAM modules (533mhz)
Dell 375W PSU
Current Graphics Card- ATI x300 hypermemory (completely rubbish!!!!!)
I have several USB devices running on the computer
I was thinking of either getting an ATI HD4670 or a NVidia GeForce 9600gt. I was also looking at the 9800gt however was unsure if my CPU would bottleneck. I have not upgraded my graphics card before and do not know if it has external power connectors.
I have four questions
1) Does my PC have external power connectors?
2) Will my computer be able to handle a 9800gt?
3) Is the HD 4670 better than the 9600gt?
4) What is the best card I could get?
@FinlayG for your questions,..
1) +1 for renz496. You would have to check for yourself...
2) Dell's PSU are underratted...Your PSU can even support HD 4850
3) HD 4670 and 9600GT are similar in terms of performance...
4) Depends more on the monitor resolution...
If 1280X1024 - HD 4670/ 9600GT/ 9600GSO 512 DDR3 versions...
I would say this is the best option...Cheap and good...
ASUS EN9600GSO/DI/512MD3/V2 GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB GDDR3
($34.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate Card )
Free Shipping* http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...