baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
So I ordered all these parts and it’s my first build, but I really having problems. First when I went to put the big square board in my mega case with 15 120mm fans, it seemed like I was screwing it to the bottom of the case, so I figured the board must have coating on it to protect it. After I got it screwed down real tight, I put my 1800W PSU. Do you think that’s over kill? Next I put the CPU in and on the bottom of the fan that came with it there was some coating on it so I wiped it off then installed it on the CPU. Then when I was putting in the video card it didn’t seem to go all the way into the slot, I guess that’s why you screw the end of the board to the case. Next came the hard drives, I heard you need big ones so I put in 6 2T drives, do you think I have enough storage? I made sure everything was plugged in and turn it on. Bam there was a big puff of smoke and it burst into flame and blew the house fuse. What the hell did I do wrong?

Absolutely everything. You shorted absolutely every connection on the bottom of the board frying every component. I dont know of any good brand that makes a PSU over 1200 watts so that was probably part of the issue too. You wiped the thermal paste off the bottom of the heat sink, you used wayyy too many fans in a case, and who needs 12TB of storage.

This is either a giant troll or you are totally illiterate and incapable of reading manuals.