Case under $120, thinking of thermaltake m9, nzxt apollo

I took another look at your vendor's web site. I'd select the brand new Antec 600 for $118.00 your price.

It doesn't look like it is available in the USA just yet. It's not coming up at the Antec web site. There aren't any actual technical reviews. However, there are a few photos available. Looks interesting.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
i find it funny how the label for the cases are: "Selected Quality Intel & AMD CASE W/ Power Supply" lol- intel & AMD?!!?
MSY have good prices, but their availability is something to look at. I was going to order from them, but 5/6 of the items were unavailable. dunno whether it was bad luck, or what....
in answer to your question, i suggest changing site. PC Case Gear has cases much cheaper, and even with the extra postage, may still be cheaper. They have the Lian Li Lancool Dark Armor K60 for $115.00 atm, and the Lian Li Lancool Dragon Lord PC-K58 Black for $95.00. Personally, id go with the first one, cause it has 2x140mm exhausts up top, which the other doesn't.

If you'd like a bit of bling , i suggest the Antec Six Hundred Case - $119.00 . it has alright cooling, and room for more, if you want it.
And if you like red, the CoolerMaster CM Storm Scout - $129 . its a bit over your budget, and only comes with 3 fans, but has the option to add 2 more fans to the side. it also looks cool, and has more features than some of the others.

It all depends what you want, cooling wise and colours. It mainly comes down to aesthetics vs. price in the end. The more you pay, the better looks, but this may come at the sacrifice of cooling. However, a year from now you can buy the extra 2 fans (or whatever), and make it look good.
MICK

scamper2

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009

thanks for that. I have now stretched my budget and am thinking of getting a Lancool K-62, I like the all-black interior + window. I can't order online at pccg because I don't have paypal etc. MSY in Adelaide has had what I want all 3 times I've visited so maybe it's just your store?

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
ahhh...might be...i don't know
I just needed the stuff straight away, rather than in 2~3 weeks, when there next shipment was coming in

and the K-62 is pretty good. good cooling they say, and looks aesthetically pleasing, and is easy on the eyes, without too much (nor too little) bling. and it will give more cooling and space than the others, i think

scamper2

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
ahhh...might be...i don't know
I just needed the stuff straight away, rather than in 2~3 weeks, when there next shipment was coming in

and the K-62 is pretty good. good cooling they say, and looks aesthetically pleasing, and is easy on the eyes, without too much (nor too little) bling. and it will give more cooling and space than the others, i think
yeah, and the screwless design is the best around. I hate the O.T.T cases which are bright enough to use as your lamp.