New Computer Specs (Worries) *need help*

G

Ive had my current computer for over ten years, its already seen its prime and starting to go down hill, I went online and ordered a computer with the following specs.. I'm not as tech savvy as I used to be and I figured this website would be a good place to get some incite to ease the pain of some stuff Ive been hearing. :(

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q9400 [2.66GHz, 6MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]
8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]

The Graphics Card is my main concern cause Ive been hearing more bad things then good. I will be using this computer mainly for casual video games (mainly World of Warcraft, GTA4 as well as other games with similar graphics to GTA4, like Farcry 2, etc.) As well as some of the Abode products Photoshop, Illustrator, and some video editing programs. On my current (old computer) I can run only one, two is possible but tends to mess with the system, if I can run three or four, that would be great! :D

8GB is really overkill. Stick with 4GB and put the leftover money towards a better graphics card. Depending on your budget, I would go for at least an ATI radeon 4850/Nvidia GTS250. 4870 or GTX260 would be better though. If your budget allows though, by all means go higher than that.

atk0309

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
I have to agree with enzo. 8 gb ram is too much. I do insane amount of stuff on my desktop and still haven't managed to get past the 3.2 gb mark.
GTX260 two hands agree. I have been planning myself to go for that. Great card for great value just make sure to get the 216p one.