Corsair Obsidian: good air flow?

Metalcore

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I am about to buy a Corsair Obsidian pc case but i am a little doubtful about it's air flow.
I was planning to mount a big rad on top and that would only leave me with one fan on the bottom and another on the back of the case to exhaust hot air.
Is that case going to have a good air flow once all the components are installed and running hot?
is there any other case that would offer similar features like the Obsidian but with better air flow?
I need a biggggg case and good for water cooling!

Cheers.

Google is your friend! Here is a web page with links to technical reviews of the Corsair Obsidian pc case:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=corsair+obsidian+series+800d+review&aq=8&oq=Corsair+O&aqi=g10

When the case was first announced I took a look at the photos and questioned ventilation, airflow, and cooling. The division of the interior into chambers was my main concern. I have yet to see any thermal testing results. Without some sort of testing it is very difficult to form an opinion.

Metalcore

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

Agreed, i have read a couple of articles about that case but i was just looking for a second opinion.
I think I am going for one of the Lian Li cases.

Thanks

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I would read this review before making any final choices, I plan to use the Obsidian in my next build. If nothing else, the features (cable management, 140mm fans, black interior/exterior, water cooling ready, hot swappable drive bays, etc. etc.) are enough to sell most people on it.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/corsair-obsidian-800d-review-test/

The article has diagrams of airflow, and describes most of the cases features in great detail.

Metalcore

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

thanks for the article.
yeah, I think i am going to grab this one. I was a little divided between this and some of the lian li cases but this one is my choice now.
Thanks a lot man.

Metalcore

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

Cool,
I currently have a Thermaltake armor silver and this thing has holes all over it from so much modding and stuff. I just want a big case that i can keep my rig nice and neat.
:sol:

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Understood. I have never been too much into case modding--have done a little, but all in all I prefer a more stealthy look (which is why the Obsidian is so appealing!). I really love the cable management in the obsidian, and the black interior/exterior. I planned on painting up my cheiftec dragon case (currently silver) to black int/ext but then the cable management would be such a pain that I figured for my time and effort it would be worth it to spend a few bucks on a great case.

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Agreed, Johnny. I read the review on the day it was posted (I believe) and was thoroughly impressed by the dynamics of the case.

It's true, the diagrams alone do not really tell you much about airflow...but there are three 140mm fans, and room to add I believe four 120mm fans. I have a hard time believing Corsair would have gone through the manufacturing/designing an enthusiast's dream without proper cooling--but some evidence would be great.