Your question

Problem with Power supply and Display

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Displays
Last response: in Components
November 11, 2009 5:51:28 PM

So for some reason my 250 watt power supply went kaputz. So I happened to have another one, 750 watts and I installed that one yesterday. All the lights are running, all the fans are going, but when I plug in the monitor it says no signal. Also when I I plug in the mouse int he back, it doesn't get power, though that could be because the thing isn't starting up correctly. I think I might have not plugged something in correctly. This is my first time installing a power supply from scratch (though when I originally built the system I did do all the plugging in.)

Here is a photo of the insides.

Also here is a video:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2562188/Mobile%20Video%20Nov%20...

Specs for the Computer are
9800GTX+ (if I remember correctly)
3.2 Pentium dual core
2 gigs of Ram
GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard

Still pretty new at building my own computer and stuff, so I don't exactly know if I plugged everything. As the video shows, the phase LEDS are on, but I don't really know what that means.

More about : problem power supply display

November 11, 2009 5:54:22 PM

Sorry the image is so big. I didn't realize it was going to do that. I tried editing it out, but it won't let me for some reason.
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 11, 2009 6:51:48 PM

Why all the adapters ?
I see what looks like a 4 pin CPU connector hanging out on the drive bays, also a 6+2 pcie connector there.
Related resources
November 11, 2009 7:22:54 PM

Well the power supply only has one plug, and the card requires two. It can use only one plug but it runs funny if you don't.
November 11, 2009 8:53:45 PM

Okay so I think I may know what the problem is. Forgive my ignorance but what is this?
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 11, 2009 9:01:12 PM

Floppy drive power connector.
Did you plug in the 4 pin cpu connector yet ?
What's the make and model of the power supply ?
November 11, 2009 9:45:07 PM

Funny you should point out the cpu connector because after posting the picture I realized i hadn't and had just finished doing that.

Now no lights come on at all. Power supply is an AK series Sata ATX power supply, 750 w. Made by apower
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 11, 2009 10:23:09 PM

Personally I'd go buy a new power supply, one that cost's more than $34
November 11, 2009 10:55:22 PM

yeah, except the problem isn't the power supply anymore, because I am getting power to the thing. It may be cheap and it may die on me soon, but for now, its working. The problem is that I haven't plugged something in right

Edit: Fixed it, thanks for the help!
a c 243 ) Power supply
November 11, 2009 11:21:37 PM

Glad you got it going.
!